Most items ship free, but here are some exceptions as outlined below. Please read the following information carefully to determine if your shipment will be free of additional cost.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ADDITIONAL SHIPPING CHARGES, IF ANY, MUST BE PAID PRIOR TO YOUR ORDER BEING PROCESSED. If the required additional shipping charge is not paid for at the time of checkout, we will contact you to make arrangements to pay the additional charge. Once we have received your payment, we will begin processing your order.
X-Treme electric bicycles and scooters are shipped via UPS Ground, FedEx Ground, Road Runner Freight and AIT Worldwide Freight to the lower 48 states. Most all orders will ship the same day as ordered if the order is submitted before 3 p.m. Mountain Time. Some parts orders and freight shipments may be shipped the following business day if the order is placed close to the 3 p.m. cutoff time. All X-Treme products ship from their Washington State warehouse. Shipping time is typically 2 to 7 days, depending on how far you are from the warehouse.
Please note that an adult signature is required on all shipments. The shipper will not just leave the item on your front porch. If you are not available when the shipment arrives, you will need to contact the shipper to arrange for delivery.
Heavy items must be shipped via freight and there may be an additional charge
Large, heavy items that must be shipped via freight (the XB-504 & the Cabo Cruiser) include Free Shipping, but only to the nearest freight terminal or to businesses that have a loading dock. (Home businesses do not qualify as a business address; business addresses must be to a commercial business location). If you ship to a business, but it does not have a loading dock, you will have to pay the additional $30 fee for lift-gate delivery. Resorts, camp grounds and hotels do not qualify for business delivery.
The cost for home delivery of the XB-504 or the Cabo Cruiser is an additional $50. This includes delivery to your residence outside/curbside to ground level. It does not include inside delivery or delivery inside an apartment complex to upper or lower levels. We strongly suggest you pay for home delivery of these large freight items unless you are prepared to drive to the nearest pick-up terminal and load/unload these large heavy items yourself. If you do not live in a major city, the closest terminal may be more than 30 miles away from your residence. We will automatically ship to a terminal that is less than 30 miles from your residence. If it is more than that you will be contacted with terminal information, so that you can decide if you still wish to pick it up. If you decide to change to residential delivery after an item has shipped, there may additional fees subject to be charged besides the standard $50 fee.
Any freight delivery that is not picked up at the terminal or refused by the customer is subject to all shipping charges (original and return) being withheld from the refund.
A phone number is required by the freight company so that a delivery appointment can be made. Failure to provide this at the time of order may cause a delay in delivery as freight items will not be delivered without an appointment.
An additional $50 fee is also charged for shipping to New York City & Suburbs, Martha's Vineyard and any island delivery within the 48 contiguous United States.
Shipping Cost Summary
Additional shipping charges, if any, are determined by three factors: Whether it is shipped via ground or freight, the delivery location, and the zip code, as follows:
$0.00 Extra Cost if:
- Item being shipped is a part. These ship via USPS, UPS or FedEx.
- Unit is able to be shipped via UPS Ground or FedEx Ground.
- Unit is shipped by freight, but picked up at the terminal or to a commercial business address that has a loading dock.
$30.00 Extra Cost if:
- Unit is shipped by freight to a business address that does not have a loading dock.
$50.00 Extra Cost if:
- Unit is shipped by freight home delivery to customer's residence.
- Unit is shipped by freight to terminal or a business address in NYC Area, Martha's Vineyard or any island delivery within the 48 contiguous United States.
$100.00 Extra Cost if:
- Unit is shipped by freight home delivery to NYC Area, Martha's Vineyard or any island within the 48 contiguous United States.
$150.00 Extra Cost if:
- Unit is shipped to Canada by freight home delivery. (Includes shipping cost only; additional customs & duties fees must be paid by the recipient. See section on Canada for more info.)
$210.00 Extra Cost if:
- Unit is shipped to Canada by ground (FedEx or UPS).(Includes customs & duties fees. See section on Canada for more info.)
Because USPS is the only method to ship to APO addresses, products weighing more than 70 pounds are not able to be shipped. Therefore, the only products that can be shipped to an APO address are the City Express, Trail Maker, Trail Climber, X-Cursion, Newport and Malibu. (Please note that shipments to APO addresses can take 3-4 weeks to arrive.)
ALASKA, HAWAII AND INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING
You will be contacted via email by one of our Customer Care Representatives with a specific shipping charge quote for your order.
We do not ship to anywhere in Africa, Singapore, Greece, Indonesia or Israel
Note to international customers: You are responsible for any and all duties or taxes that may apply. (see details below).
SHIPMENTS TO CANADA
Shipment of certain scooters into Canada is not possible as Canadian DOT requirements are such that X-Treme would have to manufacture a special scooter just to meet these regulations, which is not feasible at this time. Following are the models that can be sent to Canada:
City Express, Trail Maker, Trail Climber, X-Cursion, Newport, Malibu, Summit 36V, Summit 48V, Baja, Kona, Hanalei, Alpine, Sierra, XB-504, and the Cabo Cruiser.
As described in the shipping section above, all units shipped by ground to Canada (including all units listed above except the XB-504 and Cabo Cruiser XB-615) will incur a flat additional shipping fee of $210 per unit. This includes shipping and customs/duties fees. You are not responsible for any additional fees associated with the delivery of their unit. All fees will be covered by the flat rate fee.
Units shipped via freight carrier (XB-504 and Cabo Cruiser XB-615) will incur a flat rate of $150 per unit additional shipping charge, but this only includes shipping. Customs/duties fees are still the responsibility of the customer. Customer must arrange customs clearance with the broker of their choice and payment for those additional fees will need to be made prior to delivery. We highly recommend that you arrange for a broker prior to placing your order. If you place an order and the shipment has left the warehouse and you later decide to cancel, you will be responsible for all shipping fees (ship to and return) and those fees will be deducted from your refund. If the shipment crosses the Canadian border and is returned to X-Treme, you will also be charged for any customs fees we are charged for the item's re-entry into the United States.
OTHER INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS û CUSTOMS, DUTIES, AND TAXES
Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to customs brokerage fees, import duties, and taxes after the shipment reaches the destination country. Additional charges are the responsibility of the recipient because we have no control over these government-imposed charges and cannot determine what they may be. Customs policies vary greatly among countries. Therefore, we cannot, and will not, offer advice about taxes in your country. We report the amount of the sale on the Customs form. Please do not ask us to claim less than the actual purchase amount. It is the customer's responsibility to know the legality of the products ordered in their country. Do not order items that are illegal to import into your country. Laws are different in every country and we cannot keep up with them all. It is your responsibility to check with your Customs office to see if your country permits the shipment of our products to your country.
As the buyer, it is your responsibility to find out that information before you place your order. Please contact your local customs office for information. To avoid a delay in receiving your order from customs, consider the following:
- Provide us with a phone number where you can be reached by customs when your product arrives. This phone number will be listed on the commercial invoice so customs can reach you to clear your order.
- Please do not refuse a shipment or ignore requests from carriers regarding duty and/or tax liability charges. Be aware that most carriers will hold a shipment for 5 days after arrival in your country before they return it to the sender.
- We do not refund original shipping charges for goods that are refused for delivery at customs and will deduct that shipping cast, plus all additional fees resulting from refused international shipments, from your refund.
- If we are charged for YOUR taxes and duties on the shipment or incur any penalty or lawsuit related to your order or shipment, we will post the charge to your credit card.
- If the package is seized by Customs for any reason and we do not receive the package back, we will NOT issue you a refund since, obviously, local laws and regulations determine the fate of the package. If we do receive the package back after being seized, you are still responsible for the shipping charges and any other fees plus penalties incurred.